He has undertaken additional postgraduate fellowship programmes in gynaecological surgery in both England and Australia and is an RCOG registered and accredited specialist surgeon for the management of gynaecological cancer.
He is a consultant gynaecologist at Southampton University Trust. For the last 10 years Mr Metcalf has been the Lead Clinician for Colposcopy and Gynaecological Oncology Services at Southampton University Hospital. Recently, he has been appointed as the Lead Clinician for all cancer services at Southampton University Hospital. Mr Metcalf is also a visiting gynaecological consultant to Winchester and Salisbury District Hospitals.
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Vulval skin problems
- Abnormalities of the cervix, including the management of abnormal smears and colposcopy
- Postmenopausal bleeding
- Ovarian cancer screening, risk assessment and prophylactic surgery
- Gynaecological cancer surgery
- Vulval skin cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Endometrial/uterine cancer
- Ovarian cancer